Effective Date: November 20, 2020
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when creating an account through the Site, when expressing interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Site (such as sending messages via our member portal or entering competitions, contests or giveaways) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the products, services and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Name and Contact Data.We may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Professional and Employment-Related Information. We may collect your professional and employment-related information, including your company name, title, role, team, and other information about your profession.
- We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
- Payment Data.We use a third party payment processor to collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, such as your payment instrument number (e.g., a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our third-party payment processor.
The Site may also offer the ability to enter free text, including to send or post messages that may be visible to other users. Please do not post any sensitive information in any of these fields and do not post any information you do not want to be made public in connection with any Site messaging or public posting functionality.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information collected from third parties
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, data aggregators, as well as from other third parties. The information we may receive from other sources includes social media profile information, marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links). We may also combine the information we receive from these other sources with the information we collect from you directly.
Information collected automatically
Information about your computer hardware and software may automatically be collected by Colab when you use the Site by cookies and other automatic data collection tools. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site.
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect or receive:
- Provide the Site to you and to improve the Site.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process.
- Operate, improve, and personalize the services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us.
- To communicate with you.
- Provide you with advertisements and other information about products and services that we and other businesses may provide that we think may be of interest to you.
- Provide customer service or otherwise communicate with you about the Site and our services.
- Detect fraud or illegal activities or to comply with our legal obligations, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site.
- Complete any other business or commercial purpose you have requested or to which you have consented.
HOW DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, to process payments and to provide us with digital marketing services. We also use third party services to provide online scheduling and other services through the Site relating to use of our facility by members.
- For Other Purposes You Direct or To Which You Consent. We may share information with other third parties when you consent or direct us to do so. For example, if you refer friends to use the Site we may share with that friend information about you to let them know who the referral came from.
- De-Identified or Aggregated Information. We may share information on a non-personally identifying aggregate basis for any lawful purpose.
- For Legal Purposes. We may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with, or in anticipation of, a merger, sale of company assets, financing, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
Colab does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
We maintain a member directory to enable members in shared office space to get to know each other. You agree not to share any sensitive personal information in your directory profile. If you wish to completely remove your listing from the member directory (either on an individual basis or company-wide), please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented reasonable security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Your transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. We will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. You should only access the Site within a secure environment. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Links to External Websites
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from or market to children under 13 years of age. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under 13 years of age.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can contact us using the contact information provided below.
To opt out of email marketing, you can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still need to send you service related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may note your preferences when you register an account with the Site.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities be monitored and collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals. For additional information on DNT signals, including how to turn on DNT, visit www.donottrack.us.
DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
18952 MacArthur Blvd
Irvine, CA 92612