An unforgettable event starts with an incredible location, but that’s often easier said than done. When it comes to picking the perfect event venue in Irvine, California, there are a lot of factors in the equation–from the location of the space to the layout, design, size, ambiance, tech capabilities, and beyond.
Sound like a lot of considerations to make?
Don’t worry. We’ve created this guide to help you choose the right Irvine event space. Plus, we’ll explain why coworking spaces can make for incredible event venues in Irvine and why it’s worth your while to explore these new and innovative options.
Here’s what you need to think about.
What Type of Event Will You Be Hosting?
Before you start searching for an event space in Irvine, the first thing you have to consider is what type of event you want to host. This can be virtually anything, including:
- Networking events
- Product launches
- Fundraising events
- Employee training
- Personal events (i.e., birthday)
Each type of gathering will have its own specifications and requirements when it comes to picking the perfect event space in Irvine.
But, in every case, there are a few essential features you’ll want to look out for.
6 Key Features to Consider When Searching for Event Venues in Irvine, California
When choosing an event venue in Irvine, you have to think through a number of logistical factors.
To make your life easier, we’ve rounded up some of the most important considerations.
1. Space and Layout
First up—the size and layout of an event venue. Perhaps the most important box to check is whether or not the space is large enough to accommodate the number of people you want to host.
Some event venues in Irvine have multiple room and configuration options that help ensure the right fit.
For example, depending on your event you may have one room for the formal part of the event and another for food and mingling. Break it down even further, and you may want to choose between options like:
- Theater-style seating
- Classrooms or boardrooms
- U-Shape chair setup
- Tables and chairs
Ultimately, the best event venues in Irvine are those that are flexible and adaptable to your needs, as well as offering enough space to host your guests.
Perhaps equally important to the size of a venue is the location. You want to ensure your guests can easily access the venue and don’t decline the invite because it’s hard or too far to get to.
Many event venues in Irvine, including The Colab Space, are connected to the city’s public transportation system. This is ideal for those who can’t or don’t want to drive to the venue.
Finally, look at nearby attractions to your event venue in Irvine–the “outsourced amenities” that make the location even more appealing to your attendees.
Depending on the nature of your event, there may be time before, during, or after the event for your guests to explore the local area, get a drink, or get in some shopping.
The Colab Space is located right near the John Wayne Airport, making it ideal for out-of-town guests and visitors, as well as restaurants, cafes, shops, and popular destinations like the University of California, Irvine.
We’re also located close to major roads and offer free parking—both of which make commuting here easier.
3. Technical Amenities
When thinking about the actual program or order of events for your gathering, think about the practical needs you have. This includes anything related to technology and audio-visual equipment.
Here are some things to consider when evaluating various event venues in Irvine:
- Internet speed: Is the Wi-Fi fast and consistent? Make sure to check so that it doesn’t give out during an important presentation.
- AV equipment: Is this included with the space or do you need to bring your own? If it’s included, do you need to set it up or is there someone to help you? If you’re left on your own, make sure you do a trial run and ensure all tech and A/V equipment is operational.
- Smart tech: If you want to level up, you may want to look for event venues in Irvine that utilize smart technology. This can help your event run more smoothly with advanced capabilities.
Technical difficulties can hinder an otherwise carefully planned event, so ensure that the event venues in Irvine you’re looking at will support your technical needs.
Our event spaces at The Colab Space come with everything you need, plus the support of on-site staff to help get you set up and ready to go.
4. Additional Services
Some event venues in Irvine offer only an empty space whereas others might offer full-service options and even event planning support.
As you’re evaluating options, look at these additional service options and if they’re important to you:
- Event planners
- Catering partnerships
- Post-event cleaning
- Food servers or bartenders
- Photography and videography services
If you want more support when planning your event, make sure to investigate what the event venue can offer you. Alternatively, if you like to plan events yourself, a basic meeting room might be enough for you.
5. Safety Protocols
As the event organizer, you’re responsible for keeping everyone safe. So, when picking event venues in Irvine, keep health and safety top-of-mind.
Here are some things to be conscious of:
- Emergency exits and clear signage
- Evacuation protocols
- Strict policies on venue capacity
- Cleaning services
- Hand-washing or sanitizing stations
- Air quality and access to fresh air
6. Preferred Vendors and Partners
Planning an event comes with a ton of moving parts. So,
When planning an event, it’s ideal to keep things as streamlined as possible. One way to optimize planning efficiency is to see if your chosen event venue in Irvine has any partnerships with external vendors.
These partners could be related to food and drinks, decor and set-up, or promotions and marketing.
Here at The Colab Space, for example, we’ve partnered with local companies that provide amazing catering services. So when someone books our event space, they also have access to a preferred food and beverage vendor who has worked with us before and knows how to make an event memorable.
The Case for Coworking Event Venues in Irvine
When you start looking for event venues in Irvine, use the list above to review what’s important and what spaces will meet your needs.
And while many event venues in Irvine can suit your needs, coworking spaces offer a unique solution. Coworking spaces offer flexible, all-inclusive work solutions and this philosophy extends to event spaces. Some common features of coworking spaces include:
- All-inclusive pricing: Some event venues in Irvine have hidden costs or additional charges that are hard to account for. There could be fees for corkage, equipment rental, or technical support. Coworking spaces typically take a different approach, including services and amenities in a streamlined, all-inclusive contract.
- Flexibility: Coworking spaces are designed to accommodate diverse professional needs, and event spaces are no different. That’s why most coworking spaces include flexible and adaptable time frames including hourly, half-day, full-day, or multi-day options.
- Cost-effectiveness: Because of the flexibility and all-inclusive nature of coworking spaces, it can also be a more cost-effective option. For example, many traditional event venues in Irvine require a minimum time frame of at least 3-4 hours, which might not be necessary for your short event. Coworking spaces help cater to your exact event, meaning you’re never paying for more than you need.
At the Colab Space, we offer event spaces starting at just $200/hour. This is all-inclusive pricing with features like:
- Audiovisual equipment
- Vendor partners
- Event management and concierge services
- Free parking
- Flexible and multi-functional space
These features make hosting an event at The Colab Space simple and streamlined because it’s all right here! We have the space, the staff, and the services to make sure your event is exactly what you want it to be.
Colab Space Events: Case Studies
We’ve hosted a variety of corporate and private events in our outdoor-indoor event spaces here at The Colab Space.
Here are some of the most memorable ones in recent months:
- Pop-Up Store: Hayley, owner of East Kennedy, hosted a fun two-day shopping event that featured luxury and one-of-a-kind Barbie-inspired pieces.
- Team Meeting: Team meetings can drive collaboration and connection—exactly what Monster Energy did here at The Colab Space! Their offsite team gathering utilized our flexible meeting room option, fully equipped with state-of-the-art technology and tools.
- Lunch and Learn: Tarana Nabizada, a doTERRA Wellness Coach, hosted an amazing lunch-and-learn at The Colab Space, offering tips and tricks about how to use essential oils and supplementation to support your skin and health.
- Vendor Showcase: One of our partners, The Event Community, recently celebrated its 3rd birthday. Friends, family, and vendors in the event space came together at an amazing event at The Colab Space to celebrate. 25+ vendors were present alongside a DJ, photo booths, and great food.
- “Plan Your Happy” Event: The Happy Planner hosted an event at The Colab Space to invite community members to create a vision for their goals, plans, and aspirations using Happy Planner planners. It was a fun, interactive experience for everyone to get involved.
This just scratches the surface of what kinds of amazing events we can host here at The Colab Space. So, if you’re looking for a unique, cost-conscious, and impressive event venue in Irvine, book a tour of The Colab Space today.